Sierra is working hard at school and trying to accomplish a reading goal so that she can get a pass to Seven Peaks this summer. She re-learned to ride her bike without her training wheels (she had learned last fall, but didn't get enough practice in). She was terified to try again, but after a big bribe from Mom & Dad, she did it again. Ice Cream always gets it done.
Savannah is going thru this phase of crying if she doesn't get what she wants. Any suggestions on how to deal with it? I know, I know, she's only 3.
Sydney is the one sho is growing and changing every day. She is walking all over the place, and is even attempting the stairs as grown ups do (not on her hands and knees). She folds her arms when we say prayers, and she even talks up a storm. Its all jibber jabber, but it sure is cute for her to hand you something and then tell you a whole story about it. We may not understand her, but she certainly understands us. Yesterday, at church, she was having a hard day, so I went to take her from Phil and Phil took my bag from me (you know, the gentleman that he is). As soon as Sydney saw that Phil had my bag, she let him have it. She screamed at him and reached for the bag and pointed to me, and basically told him to give me the bag back. He gave me the bag back and she stopped crying. We laughed and thought it wa sjust a coincidence, so Phil took the bag from me again and there she went, screaming at him, reaching for the bag, and pointing to me. She was making quite the scene in the hallway, but we couldn't help but laugh. She sure is demanding. The other thing that she has discovered is the girl's bunk bed. She can climb the ladder and make it to the top. Her goal is to get to Sierra's bed before we catch her. Of course, at first we were scared that she might get hurt. But now it has turned into a game for all of us and she just laughs and laughs when we try to pry her little hands from the ladder.
Phil went camping this weekend with the Priests in our ward. Even though he couldn't do the hike with the others (maybe this summer he will be ready for hiking), he had fun with some of the kids who couldn't go on the hike either. From what I hear, they had fun chasing down some cattle. What did they call that? Cow Tipping?

Last week we had our "Where's Waldo" activity. I forgot to grab my camera, so as soon as I get a copy of the pictures from one of the other leaders, I will post the pic. The activity was sure fun, and it was pretty cool to be found by only 3 of the 12 groups. I've been in Young Women's longer than any of the other leaders - you would have thought the kids would know be by now. And shame on my girls, my own beehives didn't even recognize me - in fact, none of them found me.



1 comment:
Way to go on the update guys! I keep checking for one. It seems like we haven't seen you forever. We are excited to watch the girls tomorrow. Love ya.
Post a Comment