
So Phil had to try to convert the family to Vegemite. . . At Christmas time Phil kept saying that he "hated eggnog". In trying to keep our girls with open minds and not letting them know that they really CAN hate a food, I kept insisting to Phil that he needs to just try it. Well the bet was on - he would try eggnog if I would try Vegemite. He gave me a large, heaping spoonful of Vegemite and I gave him a tiny glass of eggnog. We counted down and both went for it. Phil survived the eggnog, but I don't know if I will ever recover from the horrible, salty, icky taste of Vegemite. (Mum later informed me that you only take the tiniest amount and spread that tiniest amount over a whole piece of toast or bread). Needless to say, Phil lost my trust for some time and I am still trying to recover from the whole experience.
This morning, Phil thought he would let Sydney try Vegemite. With the older girls trying to tell Sydney how bad it was, she was happy to try.

She must have thought it was chocolate frosting (like her 1st birthday) at first with how she dove right in. Set back a bit by the different taste (but with as little on it, you can taste more bread than anything) and a yes nod in approval she continued on.

aw that was good...

...More Please!!!

Vegemite is an acquired taste. It fits, of all the girls, that Sydney is the one that likes it (Loved it).
2 comments:
Karen,
I have tried the stuff too and I might as well have just spread poop on toast only I don't think it would be as salty. Your poor baby girl being exposed to other cultures in such a way. Can't wait to see you guys soon.
That's funny. I didn't know that vegemite was an actual product, I just thought it was a joke. I'll have to try it. I love that you are a blogger!
Post a Comment