Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sundance



Phil & I TRY to get to Sundance each year as a reminder of our wedding day. I can't believe its been nine years. We've had our ups and downs (hopefully we're on the same page by saying more ups than downs). I am very blessed in my life with a beautiful family. Even though times are tough with Phil working away from home, I can say that we survive. Definitely because of the fact that we have a ton of family help (thanks Mom for coming and helping me cook casseroles this weekend - it was fun - and thanks for EVERYTHING else that you do for us) and we have great friends and neighbors who keep us going. Stephanie, it was because of you that I even made it out of bed this morning to get the girls ready to go to conference. Your text last night made me think that I did need to be there and that it was the right thing to do. Thanks! Floyd & Holly, I make it through the week because of the extra things you help out with (i.e. fix my "overheated" lawnmower and mow the remaining grass, tin foil dinners, and of course Strawberry Shortcake - which I am coming to get in a few minutes). I don't think I can thank everyone enough for the help they provide to me.

Back to where I started, Sundance. The girls and I took a drive up to Sundance today so that we could walk around and I could show them where it all began. I was sort of down and thought this might bring my spirits up. Sundays seem to be my downer days. Anyway, the girls were very excited. It was beautiful, as always. The leaves had not started to change yet, but pretty all the same. We had Maggie with us and we walked around until the girls were ready to go. They kept finding new paths and trails and wanted to explore everything. I will need to take them again - with Dad next time. I love you Phil and miss you. Here's to you and 9 fabulous years!




2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, 9 years. I can't even believe it. Time is crazy!

robandsasha said...

So...your Sunday was YUCKY too?! Gosh, we should've called eachother. We are in the same boat...we could've cried or been frustrated on eachother's shoulders! Oh well...the bright side is today is another day! And at least our boys have work, and much of it, in this awful economy. Happy Anniversary to you guys! Love ya.