Friday, April 8, 2011

Mormania

So March Madness is over. . . and way to go Cougars! You did us proud. My girls wore their BYU sweatshirts to school over and over again. The morning after a good snow storm they cry out in despair when they can't see the "Y" on the mountain. And yes, they cried out this morning because we were hit with yet ANOTHER spring storm and there is snow outside. By the way Mr. Groundhog - YOU WERE WRONG!!
Anyway, I have to admit (because, yes, Jeff, you called me out), I do have a bit of a Jimmer crush. Not one of those, dreamy, googly-eyed crushes. I mean, if we are being honest here, I don't think he would make "the list". But I love his attitude. I love the smirk he makes after making those AWESOME three point long shots. He knows he is awesome. I love that his name can be used as a noun and a verb. I love that he likes to eat at the same places as we do. Actually Bre - I think he is stalking you -- Cheesecake AND P.F. Changs?!? How did he know that we would be there at those exact moments? I think it's weird that people honestly felt like we were being sacrileges and worshiping idols or something like that. If you never saw the Michelle Peralta FB post. . . here is a link http://dreamcatchermedia.com/jimmered . (Welcome back, now that you have read all 300 posts -- and admit, some of them were pretty funny).
Next item of blogging? The Honor Code. A very controversial topic. Let's pretend for a moment that there was a school, and this school had certain rules. Next, let's pretend there is a team who plays for this school. If we were to pick which sport (which in all reality the choice of sport doesn't really matter, but since we are pretending) we would pick basketball. On this basketball team, there are team members. Since it's pretend, we have no names, so we will just give him the #0. So what if #0 breaks the Honor Code? He should be dismissed. Yes, he is part of a team, but he let everyone on his team down. He knew the rules and he broke the rules. If this were to happen I would have to give props to the coaches and leaders who didn't sweep it under the rug, just because he was an athlete. But I would also be VERY disappointed if the media made such a big deal of something that was so personal. But of course, we are just pretending, so WHY would the media do such a thing like that?
And final blogging thought - Conference. Who saw the guy at the end of Sunday Session stand up and turn right into the camera and cheese it? Way to go! You got your 7 seconds of fame.


No comments: