OK, so I had my dreaded birthday. Yes, I turned 30. I had told myself "no big deal, everyone does it". But it was a big deal! I was really a downer that day. I don't know why - I should have been happy. . .my husband was home, I have a good job, I was done Christmas shopping, I have a great family that takes care of me and my family, and sometimes I have little girls that are a sweet as angels (I did say sometimes). But Phil, being the sweet guy he is (or maybe it was the competitive side of him, that wanted to prove how good he is - yah, that's it, it was his competitive side - how selfish of him) took us bowling. He invited some friends & family & our girls, and off we went, to go bowling. We had a blast! During the first game, I came in 2nd place. . . Heather beat me by 5 pins - doesn't she know that she should let the birthday girl win? The 2nd game, Phil killed us all. He bowled 214, and he let us know that he won! So all and all, the day came and went. I am a year older, but not any wiser.
By the way Phil, the gift? It was thoughtful, and I know the intention is right, but I have to admit. . . I hate it. He got me an iHome for our room, with a clock. The clock is so bright that it could light an entire home. Even when I close my eyes, I can still see the light. I had a scary dream the other night and I thought that I was dying and "going towards the light". I still love you, but we will need to rethink our room situation. Maybe we can put it in the family room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hahaha, Karen....I'm so sorry for beating you on your depressing birthday. I think you look NOT a day over 24!!!! And you have a beautiful family. Job well done by the age of 30 :) I love the comment on the b-day present. Kyle needs a little help with mine too. lol jk. Happy Birthday!!
Funny. Happy 30th. Oh and by the way, on my iHome I can hit the snooze button and it softens the light. Does it work for you?
Post a Comment