Why doesn't it feel like Christmas? Maybe its because there is no snow yet. Maybe its because its hard to have Christmas when Phil is gone. Whatever it is, for some reason this year just doesn't feel like Christmas. We have our lights out, our tree is up, the Christmas music is playing, and yet I don't feel like I have the Christmas spirit. Shopping has been done for quite some time. I should feel elated, but I don't feel the satisfaction that I should. I don't know about everyone else, but we have told the girls that Santa is feeling the economic crunch as well. We decided we wanted to try to focus Christmas more on the true meaning. We'll see how that goes.
Last night was our ward Christmas Party and they had the BYU Ballroom dancers come and perform for us. It was fabulous entertainment. It was fun to have something different than the typical nativity. The Primary kids sang the carols instead of the ward choir which was also fun. Sydney even wanted to join the kids (which surprises me since we still can't get her to go to nursery - I know, I know, she will be 2 in less than a month). I did get a little emotional last night - I guess that was when I realized it really wasn't Christmas without our whole family.
The girls made gingerbread houses with Grandma last week at the cabin. They were really cute! I wish I had gotten a picture while they were all put together. I have to admit, the demolition has started. . . the girls pick off a piece of candy everytime they go into the kitchen.
Well we will work on getting more of the Christmas spirit at our house. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to offer advice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm feeling the same way - I'm thinking it's because it's so warm. It was beautiful today - perfect t-shirt weather. We just got our tree today so I'm hoping when we decorate it tomorrow the Christmas Spirit will come - I hope it comes to your house too.
Post a Comment